Okay,
This is nerdy, but I want to give a shout out to Google Reader. I know Marty uses it...and I have for a while, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I realized how awesome it is.
Basically Google Reader is an application that checks for updates from whatever websites you want and puts them all in one place. For example, I like to know whenever something new is posted on bobanddavid.com, but they don't update very often. So this lets me know whenever they finally do.
The cool thing about it is you don't need to go searching around a website for some rss feed link or anything. You just enter the website name under "add a subscription" and it does it automatically. Some example sites on my Google Reader:
itsfuckingdistracting.blogspot.com
xkcd.com
yahoo news about tennis and the cavs
various comedians websites
NPR's all songs considered
various math shit.
I recommend giving it a try for sure. to find it go to the top of your gmail,(or other google site) and click on reader (you may need to click "more" to see it)
ok...nerd rant over
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
correction:
ReplyDeletethe last line should read "ok...nerd rave over"
Dee, I just started using google reader...so amazing!!!!
ReplyDelete