Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bacon, meet my friend, Bourbon.

Oh, sweet nectar of the gods! I found this most awesome cocktail at the new speakeasy in the basement of Bar Cento/Bier Markt in Ohio City.

Manhattan Pig

- Top shelf bourbon (extra points if it is infused with bacon)
- Sweet vermouth
- Splash of bitters
- Strip of crispy bacon (infused with bourbon, of course)

The bacon needs to be thick and crispy enough to stand up to the drink. Served up.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome Chris!

    So you tried this? Was it actually good? Ive heard about bacon infused vodka, but it seems like bourbon would actually be better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I will have to try this next time I'm down there. Hopefully Thanksgiving. Incidentally, I will be in Cleveland this weekend but won't have time to get down there-- although I hope to see any of you all who are in Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, two of my favorite vices combined into one. Now if I can only find a way to get a stripper in there.

    ReplyDelete