Sunday, February 7, 2010

Friend Vacation 2010!

Hey all,

We should plan out our friend vacation now. Here is an idea: Pavement is headlining the Pitchfork Music Festival on Sunday July 18th in Chicago. Maybe we could hit the midwest midwest for friend vaca and see the concert and do various other midwestern things. Any thoughts? If we want to do this we should act fast as I don't know when the concert will sell out. Otherwise, let's brainstorm something else to do.

6 comments:

  1. good idea mike! (i'll pretend as though we haven't already discussed this). But yeah, I don't know what my teaching schedule is going to be this summer and I find it unlikely that I'm going to have a week free around this time...BUT! I am still down for doing Chicago this weekend and seeing Pavement, visiting Marty etc...as well as planning another longer vacation for later in the summer.

    Thoughts others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is all because I said I didn't like Pavement when I first heard them. It just keeps coming back to haunt me, and to think I rejoyced at their break up. Ok, just kidding about that last part. I don't know where I'll be this summer, but I would like to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. I remember playing Pavement for you in my living room and you saying "why can't he sing in key".

    ReplyDelete
  4. this interests me mostly only because i would feel left out if you all went on friend vaca without me. my mum lives in chicago and she is a master of both aggravating and guilting me in to spending all of my time with her when we are in the same city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I am even free this summer (potential internships in DC or Florida may interfer) I would prefer to go somewhere more exotic than Chicago. Also, realistically, while I love Pavement, is shoving our way through a crowd to still be several hundred feet away from Pavement going to be a wonderfully memorable experience?

    Also, consider being in close proximity to 20,000 Pitchforkmedia readers. The horror, the horror...

    ReplyDelete
  6. As has been noted, there are no shortages of free place to sleep here.

    Who is going to mustachio bustashio? Anyone have a place for me to sleep there?

    Stops in Midswest: Detroit - is it crazy that I really want to visit?
    St Louis - train from Chicago, free housing
    Minnesota - fishing and camping
    Visit all the zoos in the midwest? Ok that is something I may have to do alone.

    ReplyDelete